Thursday, March 5, 2009

Evernote for Education

Evernote is a program that allows the user to create an online notebook. It is a way to remember information from sites that are visited online. I have been using this feature since December. I now have several different notebooks that I have created for different purposes. One of my notebook topics is about a book that I read called Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire by Rafe Esquith. I wanted to remember several of the items the author discussed in his book. I did a web search on the topics mentioned and highlighted the information I wanted to save. With one click I added not only the information highlighted, but also the URL source of the information. In Evernote I was able to add notes and organize my information. I have displayed an evernote widget of my notebook below. Click on any of the notes to see my notebook and the information that I collected.



Both students and teachers will benefit from using this application when researching a new topic online. Evernote can store pdf files as well as webpages. Items stored in evernote are searchable for easy access. Even the pictures can be searched for key words.

Pictures from a digital camera or a cell phone are easily added to a notebook. I bought a Clarifi lens for my iphone so that I could take pictures of student work and other handwritten documents to add to my notebook. The Clarifi lens makes the document clear and readable.

1 comment:

  1. Worcestershire LA have been using j2e to develop and support ICT and Literacy. The integrated text to voice and built in sound recorder are 2 of the quick wins... also the ability for users to work collaboratively in real time on documents has inspired the children to engage with their learning. All documents can then be published or password protected on the web giving a real purpose and audience. All in an SSO environment so will work seamlessly with your learning platform, if you have, need, want one LOL

    www.j2e.com really welcome your comments. tweet@web2what

    James

    ReplyDelete